How to get to Father Ted’s House
Father Ted’s house in County Clare is a super cool spot to visit and one of the best things to do in Clare. Father Ted’s house featured in the funny series Father Ted, its located in the Burren region in Ireland.
The hilarious series of Father Ted is loved by us Irish people! Tis great craic, Mr Doyle offering loads of tea, Jack drinking a bottle of whiskey and Father Dougal wondering why things are so far away!
The series has many good episodes and I personally like the lovely horse episodes with the Eurovision song! The series has gained a huge cult following in recent years, with its iconic episodes are full of fun and craic.
Check out my article on Best Things to do in County Clare here!
Father Ted Series
The series was set on the funny and fictional Craggy Island. The show stared Dermot Morgan as Father Ted, Ardal O Hanlon as Father Dougal Mc Gurie and Frank Kelly as Father Jack. The hilarious Mrs Doyle was played by Pauline Mc Lynn. In 2019 the show was ranked second on a poll of the greatest British sitcoms by a panel of comedy experts.
Farther Ted’s house is located in Lackareagh area of County Clare and in the Burren region. The Burren is one of Ireland’s National Parks. Father Ted’s house is around a 1 hour and 10-minute drive from Limerick. The famous house is located 45 minutes from the Cliffs of Moher.
Lahinch beach is around a 40 minutes drive to Father Ted’s house. The famous house is located in is a beautiful area, the Burren region is a special area to visit.
Location of the House
The location of the house is in a beautiful part of Clare, Father Ted’s house is located in Lackareagh in Clare.
The coordinates for Fathers Ted’s house are 53°00’35.1″N 9°01’48.2″W.
Getting to Father Ted’s House from Galway
The Parochial House is around 1 hours drive from Galway depending on traffic and weather conditions. The road can be very scenic in parts, so kick back, relax and enjoy the scenery.
- Head out the Dublin road from Galway and in the direction of the N18 motorway towards Limerick.
- Around 8.4 kilometres on the N18, take a right turn onto the N67 roadway.
- Keep going for around 11 kilometres and then take a left turn onto the L8587 roadway
- In about 800 metres take a left and drive on the part of the road for around 11 kilometres.
- You will come to a T-Junction, take a left turn and then take the first road on the right-hand side.
- The Parochial house should be around kilometres on this road on the right-hand side, You can’t miss it!!
Getting to Father Ted’s house from Limerick
- Leaving Limerick, head towards the Galway direction and follow road signs for the N18.
- Continue on the N18 for around 13 kilometres.
- Travel onto the M18 motorway for around 18 kilometres.
- Arrive at Junction 14 and take the R458 exit towards Ennis,/Gort /Barefield
- You will come to the Barefield roundabout, you will take the second exit here.
- Drive straight towards the area of Toormore for around 6 kilometres.
- In Ruan, take a right-hand turn and drive on for 500 metres, take a right turn and immediately left then.
- Around 5.5 kilometres turn right onto the R460 road and take the first left turn then.
- Drive on for around 3 kilometres then at the junction take a right turn.
- The famous house is around 1.5 kilometres on this road on the left-hand side.
The house is an old farmhouse called Glanquin Farmhouse. Father Ted’s house is privately owned, but you can of course take a look from the outside and take a few photos!
Don’t block the gate into the house and respect the property and surrounding lands. Glanquin farmhouse is part of an organic farm, and home to the Mc Cormack family.
Father Ted Tours
There are tours available of the house including afternoon tea!! Tours can be pre-booked and 20 people can be catered for. Adults tickets are 10.00 euros children under 5 years old are free. Tea and some tasty buns are included in the price.
There is a guided walking tour on-top of entry in the famous house is 25.00 euros, the walking tour includes some cool local landscape, an ancient church, stone fort, cairns and a holy well, tis great craic!!!
Reservations can be made between 6.00 pm and 8.00 pm Monday to Friday by calling 087 4048475.
You have got to book a ticket and check it out!!!
I hope you find these articles useful, I welcome any recommendations and suggestions by email to email@example.com.
All Things Ireland